Republic Flooring Residential Laminate Warranty
Republic warranties our laminate for 25 years to not stain, fade or wear through to the decorative paper. Please read below for details.
Republic Flooring Commercial Laminate Warranty
Republic warranties our laminate for 5 years light commercial use to not stain, fade or wearthrough to the decorative paper. Please read below for details
Terms and Conditions for Laminate Warranties
Republic Flooring carries the warranties listed below. In addition to the requirements specified for each of those particular warranties, the following general terms and conditions also apply. If you have questions regarding the warranty information, please contact the retailer.
• Walk off mats must be used at all entrances to the dwelling to prevent sand, dirt, small rocks/ pebbles and or dust from scratching the floor.
• The floor must be properly maintenance to consider a claim; improper maintenance can damage your floor. Sweep the floor regularly, at least once a week. You may use a vacuum as long as you can turn the beater bar off. The beater bar of a vacuum will damage your floor. No WET MOPPING. We recommend using Bona laminate cleaner by spraying it directly on a flat swivel mop head NOT directly on the floor. Never use any wax based product on your floor as it will damage it.
• This warranty applies only to the first owner and the first installation of the product and is not transferable the “first owner” is the person stated as the buyer on the purchase document(s). This warranty applies only to first quality Republic brand product purchases made after the edition date of these warranty conditions for the designated time period when the product is installed in a private residence.
• This product warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied. This means any material orproduction defects, acknowledged by the manufacturer. It includes the delaminating or reduced resistance of the wear layer. Republic Flooring will repair or replace the product, at its option. When replacement of the flooring is made, only new panels from the current product range at the time the complaint is upheld will be supplied by the distributor or retailer. There will be no other form of compensation. Responsibility under this warranty only applies to hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of the laminate floor. If the product was originally professionally installed by a licensed installer, Republic Flooring will cover reasonable labor cost and can never be held liable and is not responsible for any secondary damage.
• This warranty applies only to first quality Republic brand product installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended installation instructions in indoor residential spaces. Proof of compliance with the installation and maintenance instructions recommended by the manufacturer must be provided if a claim is filed.
• This warranty does not apply to laminate flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm or flood, damage from smoke, fire or other casualty events; damage caused by negligence, improper alterations of the original manufactured product. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a laminate floor in a residential environment. The damage to the product must be evident, measuring the size of a dime and must not be the result of abusive, abnormal conditions or accidents, such as but not limited to, damage of mechanical nature, severe impact or scratches (caused by dragging objects or furniture) or cutting. The feet of furniture must always be covered with appropriate protective material. Chairs, sofas or furniture with castors must be fitted with soft rubber wheels, an adequate protective mat or protective castor cups must be put under this furniture.
• This warranty does not apply to damage from extreme heat, dryness, moisture of any kind other than regular cleaning as has been explained in this warranty. You must maintain the temperature 65F to 85F and humidity 35% to 55% in your home. Fluctuations in temperature or humidity can damage your floor.
• This warranty excludes damages caused by water, included but not limited to appliance and plumbing failures, natural disaster such as floods, urine, or any standing water.
• This warranty excludes damages caused water or moisture trapped beneath the floor due to an improper sub floor or underlayment without a moister barrier.
• Flooring must be checked for defects before installation and under sufficient lighting. Products with visible defects must not be installed under any circumstances. Republic Flooring or the retailer must be informed of the defect in writing within 7 days. Complaints after the 7 days will not be accepted. Color and gloss issues resulting from adding material at a later date from non-warranty repairs are excluded from coverage.
• Republic Flooring will not be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience expenses, costs or consequential damages caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from a problem about which the claim was made.
• Republic Flooring does NOT warranty our product to be installed in bathrooms or saunas.
Republic Flooring Triple Moisture Protection™
Republic’s proprietary Triple Moisture Protection™ technology (European Collection) carries a limited 30 years residential warranty and a limited 5 years commercial warranty (AC4). Lifetime residential warranty (Apex Collection) and five years commercial warranty (AC4). 30 year residential warranty (Platinum Collection); please read below for details.
Republic Flooring laminate floors are manufactured in accordance with accepted industry standards, which permit defect tolerance not to exceed 2%.