Republic Laminate Flooring Warranty & Care Instructions
• Inspection of all flooring materials must be done before installation.
• Materials with visible defects are not covered under warranties once they are installed.
• Our laminate floors are manufactured in accordance with accepted industry standards, which permit defect tolerance not to exceed 2%.
• Sub-Floor must be flat, dry, smooth, level and free from residues and structurally sound. A level slope is a foundation with an incline that is less than
5mm over 2 m or ¼” over 6’.
• Documents must be kept for all test results for warranty purposes.
Acclimation /General Conditions
• The flooring should be acclimated in the rooms in which it will be installed by letting the packages of flooring lie flat on the floor for
at least 48 hours prior to installation.
• Acclimation of the laminate floors can be done by leaving it inside the box.
• Acclimation of the flooring must be done in the room where the flooring will be installed and where the temperature and humidity are maintained
at or near normal living conditions.
Preparing the Room
• Check that the doors can still open and close after the floor and underlayment have been installed.
• Underlayment should be 2mm or thicker, and preferably one that has a moisture barrier film on one side and sound barrier on the other.
• For concrete, let the underlayment moisture barrier run up the perimeter of each wall 4” and trim after the floors are installed.
Radiant Floor Heating
• Republic Floor laminate can be installed over a multitude of in-floor heating.
• It can be cast in a concrete floor or in a thin layer of filler on the surface of concrete sub-floor.
• It can be installed under a wood sub floor or installed on the surface of the sub-floor as electrical matting. Follow the instructions from
the supplier of the floor heating system.
• The temperature of the sub-floor or the heat radiating from electric heating mats should not exceed 84 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius)
• This quality laminate flooring is guaranteed not to wear through or stain during warranty period. This guarantee applies only to the original
purchaser and proof of purchase is required for all claims. The guarantee is for replacement or refund of the laminate material only, no labor.
• The guarantee does not cover chipping (laminate will chip if sharp objects are dropped on it), warping (laminate will warp if excessive moisture gets
into the boards), or bridging (which is caused by insufficient expansion spacing). We will not consider any claims for these problems.
• Claims for wear must show a minimum dime size area.
• This guarantee is pro-rated based on the amount of time the floor has been installed. A percentage would be replaced depending on the length
of time since the floor was installed.
• The residential use warranty applies to the finish against wear under proper residential usage and maintenance. Length of the warranty
(15 year, 25 year, 30 year, or Limited Lifetime) varies by collection.
• The 5 year commercial use limited warranty applies to the finish against wear through under light to medium traffic commercial usage with
proper maintenance for AC4 laminate.
• Warranty is conditioned upon Manufacturers receipt of notice in writing from the buyer of the alleged defect prior to expiration of the warranty
period and evidence that the products were properly installed by a licensed installer and not subject to any of the conditions described below.
Limitations on Liability
• Defect of goods must be proven by inspection procedures deemed proper by the manufacturer.
• Any visible defects noted after installation
• Building settling or uneven sub-floor
• Improper installation including installation by non licensed individual
• Improper maintenance or inadequate care
• Accidents, abuse, or misuse
• Furniture without felts pads or protective cover on feet or wheels
• Damages caused by exposed high heel shoes
• Water damage or damage caused by excessive sunlight
• Consequential or incidental damages, such as any loss, expense or damages other than to the flooring itself that may result from
a defect in the flooring.
• For laminate with our Triple Moisture Protection any liquid other than water is excluded including human or pet urine. Urine is acidic and
will cause damage to any laminate floor.
REPUBLIC LAMINATE FLOOR INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
• Expansion space should be left around the perimeter. Typically expansion is equal to the thickness of the product installed.
• You can install on grade, below grade or above.
• Republic Floor requires 3/8” expansion for every 20 feet in length or width. A T-molding is required for greater than 25 feet in length or width.
• A ¼” expansion space must also be for undercut jambs and casing.
• Start in a corner and lay first row with tongue sides toward walls. Proper expansion space can be achieved by pulling floor away from wall once
first three rows have been installed.
• Hold the next board against the first board at approximately 45 degree angle and lay flat on floor. Continue in this manner for the entire first row.
• Cut end board in first row to correct length and start second row with left over piece (if possible). End joints must be staggered by at least 8” for
a natural random appearance. Butt seam must be placed in each row regardless of width.
• Hold boards at an approximately 45 degree angle to the board in front. Press forward to engage joint and lay flat on floor.
• When three rows have been laid, pull floor away from starting wall until there is proper amount of expansion space. Place shims between floor
and wall to maintain this space.
• You can proceed until the entire floor is finished.
•Trim the underlayment before installing quarter rounds or wall base.
• Place natural fiber rugs at entry points to help trap grit and absorb moisture that may damage the finish. This can protect the floors from dirt or water.
Only natural fiber rugs should be used. No rubber backed rugs or pads.
• To prevent abrasive dirt and dust from accumulating and scratching the finish, sweep or vacuum the floor with a soft brush on a regular basis.
• Refrain from using a damp mop. Use only the cleaning products designed specifically for laminate or hardwood floors. Do not use water or steam.
• Never use wax, oil-based detergent, or any other household cleaners on the floors. These may dull or damage the finish or leave a greasy film, making
the floor slippery and more difficult to clean.
• Wipe spills immediately. Be especially attentive around sinks, dishwashers, stove tops and dining rooms, which are more prone to harmful spills
• Add felt pads to all furniture and chair legs to prevent damage to the floor. Replace the felt pads when dirty or worn. For extremely heavy objects,
use wide, non staining rubber cups. Protective floor coverings for wheeled office furniture should be used.
• Damaged or worn high heel shoes may expose a metal tip, which is certain to damage the surface finish. Keep high heel shoes in good condition.
• Protect your floor against direct sunlight or any intense source of artificial lighting. Over time, intense natural and artificial light may discolor the floors.